Open Position: Postdoctoral Position in Vascular Biology (m/f/d) in full time – (start: immediately)
Institute for Stroke and Dementia Research (ISD)
The LMU Hospital, Munich, Germany, is one of the largest and most competitive university
hospitals in Germany and Europe. 49 specialized hospitals, departments and institutions
harbouring excellent research and education provide patient care at the highest medical level
with around 11.000 employees.
The Institute for Stroke and Dementia Research (ISD) offers a
Postdoctoral Position in Vascular Biology (m/f/d) in full time – (start: immediately)
The project will be carried out in the laboratory of Martin Dichgans (www.isd-research.de/dichgans-lab) and is embedded in a Leducq-funded International Network of Excellence (start 1/2023). The project centers on mechanisms linking mutations in risk genes for stroke and cerebrovascular disease (Nature 2022; Nat Genet 2022) to vascular pathology. Expanding on our analyses in other risk genes (e.g. Circ Res. 2020; Circulation 2019; Circulation 2021), a new mouse line with informative phenotype, and novel experimental paradigms we aim to develop cell-type specific therapeutic approaches. We are searching for an experienced postdoctoral researcher with background in vascular biology. Functioning in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary team, the postdoctoral researcher will investigate the mechanism driving cerebral small vessel disease in a novel genetic mouse model with human relevance. You will use a broad range of methods with ample expert support on cutting edge technologies including scRNAseq and spatial transcriptomics, mass-spectrometry-based proteomics, clearing and light-sheet microscopy (www.isd-research.de/isd-research and www.dzne.de/en/about-us/sites/munich/).
- We expect advanced knowledge in techniques relevant to vascular biology and animal-related work.
- Mandatory vaccination in healthcare: From 16.03.2022, all employees in hospitals will be
subject to mandatory vaccination against SARS-CoV-2.
- As a board member of the excellence cluster “Munich Cluster for Systems Neurology (SyNergy)” (www.synergy-munich.de), member of national and international research networks, and faculty member of the Graduate School of Systemic Neuroscienc (www.gsn.uni-muenchen.de) we provide a highly collaborative and inspiring research environment. The lab is located in the brand-new Center for Stroke and Dementia (CSD) Research building with access to cutting-edge technologies from Nanoscale to Macroscale.
- Remuneration is based on the Collective Agreement for the Public Sector of the Länder (TV-L) including all allowances customary in the public sector.
- In addition we offer further education and training, company pension scheme, childcare services, job ticket, discounts and staff accommodation.
We look forward to receiving your application consisting of a cover letter, a CV, and two letters of recommendation as a single pdf. Disabled persons will be preferentially considered in case of equal qualification. Presentation costs cannot be refunded.
For further information please contact Prof. Martin Dichgans, MD
LMU Klinikum – Campus Großhadern
Institute for Stroke and Dementia Research
Feodor-Lynen-Straße 17, 81377 Munich, Germany