SyNergy Support Program for Families and Women
Female SyNergy scientists (SyNergy members and scientists directly employed by SyNergy members) with children up to 12 years of age are eligible to apply.
Male SyNergy scientists can exceptionally also apply.
A separate application must be filled out for each child.
- For children of up to three years of age, a maximum amount of € 500.00 per month will be provided for child care (upon proof of actual monthly costs). The support will be proportional to working hours (100% = 500€/mo; 50% = 250€/mo etc.).
- For children between three and six years of age maximum amount of € 300.00 per month will be provided for child care (upon proof of actual monthly costs). The support will be proportional to working hours (100% = 300€/mo; 50% = 150€/mo etc.).
- For children between six and twelve years of age maximum amount of € 200.00 per month will be provided for child care (upon proof of actual monthly costs). The support will be proportional to working hours (100% = 200€/mo; 50% = 100€/mo etc.).
- Annually, financial support of up to € 300.00 per child (up to six years of age) may be granted for work-related, out of regular hours exceptional child care expenses or expenses for child care in the case of need, such as business trips to conferences or meetings.
- For highly talented female scientists, support can be provided for or a student/research assistant during pregnancy/maternal leave (Mutterschutz) for up to twelve months.
Support will start from the first day of the month following the SyNergy-Board meeting at which support was granted. The SyNergy-Board will decide in a competitive procedure.
Application documents should be submitted to the office of the SyNergy Cluster and should include:
- Written application (including a statement that describes the current child care situation and demonstrates that a grant will improve the applicant's professional situation)
- List of publications
- Approval of the group leader
- Birth certificate(s) of child/children or confirmation of pregnancy/expected birth date (if appropriate)
- Official confirmation from the daycare of the monthly costs
- Working contract
Please provide your application in one single pdf-document.
Dr. Tobias Niemann
Munich Cluster for Systems Neurology (SyNergy)
Feodor-Lynen Str. 17
T: +49 (0)89 4400-46497
F: +49 (0)89 4400-46499